Thursday, April 18, 2013

Primpin' Ain't Easy

Good morning bloggers! It's no secret that I LOVE to post about fashion... I think wearing a great outfit is important to expressing yourself to the world and making yourself feel glamorous.  While we all need great fashion sense… it’s also important that you have yourself together (hair, makeup, body, nails, etc.)  Since I am currently following the Beauty Blogger Competition over at Allure, I have been inspired to share with all of your some of my favorite hair, makeup and exercise finds with you. So... to shake things up a bit let me introduce to you Primpin’ Ain’t Easy, a new category for my blog that I’ll try to chime in on once a week.

I’ll start by discussing the contents of my purse, a staple fashion item and the transportation device to all primping materials.  Now... unless I am off to a night downtown (in which I do spring for a smaller clutch) you'll usually find me carrying around a rather large bag (I’ve got a lot of stuff to put in there… even if it does weigh one shoulder down!)  When people see me walking around with such a large bag… the first question I get (from men and NON-fashionistas) is “What could you possibly have to put in there?”  Now if you’re a fashionista you already know what items are must-haves for carrying around to stay chic at all times.  Today I’ll open the door, well the zipper, to all the items I just can’t leave home without!


1. Q Tips are essential! I came to realize this after messing up my make up in the car for the hundredth time.  I also like to do a quick sweep under my eyes to pick up any access black from my day's makeup before prepping for a night out.
2/3.  BAD gal lash & stila eye liner (Sephora) are two MUST-HAVE-ON-ME-AT-ALL-TIMES items that I never leave home without.  I think we've all had days where we were rushed out the door and needed to apply make up at red lights, in the parking lot or in the bathroom at work.  These are my staple make up items and I can certainly suffice the day with only these in a crisis.  I hate having what I like to calling "tired-eyes"... mascara & eyeliner add the definition and "awake-ness" my eyes so desperately need in the am hours. 
4. Bronzer is also a fab item to have on you at all times. I opt for Bare Essentials bronzer (found at Sephora) to add a little color to my face both during the day and before heading to dinner with friends after work.
5/6. Moisturizer (proactiv) & Hand Cream (Bath and Body Works): If there is one thing I hate it is definitely dry skin, whether on my face or hands it just can't happen.  I like to keep these item in my purse (especially during winter) to ensure smooth skin! There nothing worse than when you leave the house and realize your face is looking a little dry.  I love the proactive oil free moisturizer for hydrating my face.. it leave me feeling really fresh and doesn't make my face feel greasy or "lotiony".  Bath and Body Works is a staple for fab smelling hand lotions.
7. Chap Stick is a must (again, esp. during winter) for keep your lips soft and smooth!  I love getting fun flavors like Cake Batter!
8. A great lip gloss is a must for adding a little shine to your pucker!
9. Comb/hair clip.... essential for a bad hair day!! or any other hair emergency you may run into.
10. Gum for fresh breath & 11. Floss for those apple skins that get between your teeth
12. Tweezers for any spare moment you have waiting in your car. If you've even looked in the mirror in the car you already know what an ideal location it is for plucking brows!
13. Perfume of body spray... I love Daisy by Marc Jacobs!




What do you keep in your purse? What are some must-have items that you use for touch ups and pick-me-ups during the day?

xo oljc

No comments:

Post a Comment