Monday, April 15, 2013

Peplum Please

One of my favorite new trends for spring fashion is peplum.  We saw it on the runway during fashion week, we've seen it on the red carpet and now it's catching my eye in almost every store I shop at.  Don't know what peplum is?  Think of it as an overskirt of ruffle that can be attached to a shirt, skirt, pants, dress or jacket. Check out peplum's appearances from fashion week by Alexander McQueen, Calvin Klein, Burberry Prorsum, Chalayan and Christian Dior.


Red Carpet Sightings

Want to add peplum to your wardrobe? Check out some of my favorite peplum looks....



FAVORITE FIND: I am in LOVE with this leather peplum top from BCBGMAXAZARIA found at Saks... unfortunately my budget does not allow for this fab-find.  After much searching I found this super cute and affordable version at Forever 21



Below are some more of my Forever 21 finds.. Shop these looks!


Other fab-finds to shop (left to right)


All of these peplum pieces can be found on my "shelf" under "April: Items I've Blogged About"so feel free to check them out along with some of the other trends I've been shelving.  For those of you who aren't shelvers yet I recommend you create an account and utilize this fabulous shopping tool, theshelf.com allows you to shop all of your favorite stores, shelving all of your favorite finds.  Once you shelf your fans, Shelf will keep track of these items and alert you when they go on sale.  Amazing right? Check Out My Shelf! and while you're at it, set up an account of your own!!



xo, oljc




No comments:

Post a Comment